The Association since its beginning
In 1979, our predecessor Association was called the “Association des Propriétaires de Mont-Tremblant”, and regrouped owners and residents in the municipality of Mont-Tremblant.
In 1989, because of the existence of numerous other Associations in the municipality, and considering the fact that most members were residents of Lac Mercier, it was resolved to change the name to ” Association des residents du Lac Mercier Inc.” and redefine the mission.
The current name is Association du lac Mercier.
The following have served as Presidents of the Association:
- Brien Benoit (1989-1999)
- Colette Bédard (1999-2003)
- Louise Pelletier (2004-2011)
- Thérèse Borduas (2011- 2018)
- Scott Hayward (2018-2019)
- Patrice Vachon (since Nov 2019- )
The Association has as it’s objective, the protection of the environment within the watershed of Lac Mercier, the preservation of it’s ecological value, the protection of the interests of lakeside residents as well as their quality of life and value of their property.
The General Regulations of the Association were reviewed in 2016 in order to:
– be easier to consult
– harmonize certain components
– determine one category of member
– define who may be a member and who may vote.